Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Save The Planet....Shop Consignment!

I saw this sign...wait for it...in front of a consignment shop of all places!! This is one area of "greening" my life where I am REALLY lacking. I never buy second-hand things. In my defense, I don't do a whole lot of shopping, but when I do, I don't even think to go to a resale shop. With three kids, clothes are basically disposable. My kids (I should say my boys) rarely have anything that can be salvaged at the end of a season. They wear their clothes OUT! I save the ones that are in decent shape and either pass them along or donate them to GoodWill, so I'm pretty good about reusing clothes THAT way, but actually going to a resale shop and buying something for my kids...I don't think I've ever done it. And I should. When you think about the resources that are saved by buying resale items, it's pretty amazing. Considering I get most of the clothes that I DO by for my kids at Target, they've probably traveled around the world to get to my store. It really IS MUCH greener to buy used items. SO, I'm going to make a conscious effort to go to a resale shop and make my next clothing purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment