Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks Part II

Tuesday, I'm thankful for curbside recycling. I'm always saying how I really should recycle more. When I was at the height of my greenness (before I started getting lazy!) I recycled EVERYTHING! Every tiny little box, every small plastic part. Now I've gotten lax and pretty much just recycle big boxes and things from the kitchen. And really, why? They actually come to my house and pick the stuff up! I remember when I was young I remember loading up all of our recyclables and driving across town to the recycling center, unload, and driving all the way home. Now all I need to do is walk to the garage, toss it in a bin (Canton City only asks that you separate paper from everything else) then drag it down to the curb on Tuesday night. How EASY! I'd love to know the stats on how this has increased recycling in our community. So, to the City of Canton, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment