Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pomegranate Seeds

Yesterday at preschool was fruit day. Each child brings in a fruit to share and we make fruit salad for snack. Yesterday one child brought in pomegranate seeds. I was SUPER excited to try them since I've heard that they're good for you and this was the best way to do it, since I didn't have to actually have to buy the pomegranate to taste it. (Plus my daughter was with me so SHE could try them too!) Verdict--we love them! So yesterday I bought 2/$6 at Giant Eagle...not the cheapest snack. I wasn't sure if you eat just the seeds or the entire fruit, and for $3 a pomegranate, I didn't want to be wasteful. So, I Googled "how to eat a pomegranate". I found this cheesy YouTube video, but after looking at a few other methods, I think this will be the easiest and cleanest. Hopefully the rest of my family likes them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment