Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fresh Moves

I was waiting in the doctor's office today and I forgot my Kindle so I was watching the TV that they have in the waiting room....and I found this! It's a program called Fresh Moves and it's an old public bus that has been converted to a traveling produce aisle. It brings fresh, local and organic produce to residents in Chicago that live in what they call a food desert, where there aren't many grocery stores. This is the best clip that I could find (I went to youtube, but it was 11 minutes long and not narrated) so you'll have to excuse the trailer at the beginning since it's from a Chicago news website. I just thought it was such a great idea!

'Fresh Moves' Mobile Fruit and Vegetable Stand Heads to North Lawndale: MyFoxCHICAGO.com

No comments:

Post a Comment