Thursday, January 19, 2012

Warm Breakfast

I finally got to make my Rice Porridge for breakfast this morning! I tried to make it a few nights ago (it cooks in the crock pot over night) but I had forgotten that I put some beans in to soak...about a week ago...and I had some BIG cleaning (and gagging and not breathing through my nose) to do! So now that my crock pot was clean and rotten-bean free, I did a 1:4 C ratio of brown rice to water and cooked overnight (I did 13 hrs which worked great!). So this morning I had one big serving of grains---it was GREAT! I felt like I was eating really well (I added dried blueberries and milk (and brown sugar, but that doesn't count because it's unhealthy. I SHOULD have done honey or pure maple syrup,)) and I didn't have any prep time in the morning, which is important for me. I love that I got all those whole grains in first thing in the morning, I feel like I've set a good precedent for the rest of the day. And by the way, it kind of turns mushy, so it's not like you're eating just grains of rice. It really does turn it into a porridge. It made a lot so I saved the rest for tomorrow! BONUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment