Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oscillococcinum

I can't pronounce it, but I'm blogging about it anyway. I found this in an article I was reading awhile back about natural cold and flu treatments (remember the wet sock thing?!) I didn't seek it out, since the long name sounded exotic and I didn't think I'd be able to find it easily, but as I was looking at Giant Eagle for cold/flu meds for my kids, it jumped out at me and I thought I'd give it a try. It came in a vial with little beads and I really wasn't sure if my kids would take it or not, but they LOVE it! I gave it when they were almost done with their flu (fevers were gone) so I kind of messed up because it's supposed to be given at the first signs of flu to help reduce the severity or length. It's a homeopathic remedy, which I read, isn't the same as herbs, they're actually drugs regulated by the FDA. Like I said, I can't really tell if this stuff worked well, since I gave it it at the end instead of the beginning, but it seems like it's helping with the symptoms they still have. I'm hoping that they don't get the flu again this year, but I'm going to keep it in mind for next year. I tried to look it up on Wikipedia to give you more info, but Wikipedia is down for 24 hours to make a statement about legislation, so you'll have to get the biased opinion of the manufacture's website. Sorry to be so one-sided!

No comments:

Post a Comment