Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Well today's the day!  October 31st!  Halloween, otherwise know as Kristin's birthday!  Happy Birthday KM!  How are you celebrating today?  Like me?  Doing the exact same thing as you always do, with the added fun of planning to take down the decorations tomorrow?!?  That's why I really hate having trick-or-treat on a Sunday.  It takes away from Halloween.  It's just another day now.  For the last few years we've carved pumpkins on Halloween night, but this year Ellie and Vince have swimming and Caden was supposed to have his first wrestling practice (Sandy moved it back).  There's just too much going on to really "celebrate" the day.
In the book I just finished, Happier At Home by Gretchen Rubin, she does a special breakfast for each holiday.  I thought about doing that last night, but around 2 AM when Olivia threw up for the 6th time and I moved Vince back to his bunk because I got his sheets washed that HE puked on, I decided the chances of me getting up early to make a special holiday breakfast were pretty slim.  So I'm on to a special Halloween after-school snack.  If I can get out of the house today, maybe we'll have Halloween Rice Krispy treats.  Or maybe I'll be a good mom and actually make Halloween cut-out cookies. Whatever I decided to do, it's just fun to know that fall is in full swing.  I'm excited to take down the Halloween decorations and put up the few Thanksgiving things I have.  The house always looks so empty when I switch the decorations--I like it.  It's kind of calming.  But it's still my house...so only kind of calming.  So here's to celebrating the last day of the best month in the year--October! Have a Spooky Day!
Halloween Mantle--and new couches!

Border, spiderweb and fall leaves

More decorations and the new chairs and table-covered with a Halloween tablecloth

The "Bat"room

The Witchen (squash and pumpkin ready to be roasted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment