Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Vine.com

My dear friend Cecilie, who was chastised  in yesterday's blog for moving to LA, sent me a link to a new site she thought I might be interested in.  It's vine.com and it's a sister site to diapers.com, wag.com, soap.com, casa.com, yoyo.com, and beautybar.com.  I actually have know about diapers.com for a long time.  It's a site I really loved when Vince was little because it did have so many green products that were hard for me to find around here (a plus to living in a larger city, like LA).  I got an email from then when they were launching soap.com, which is kind of like a drugstore online and also wag.com, which is an online pet store.  I never heard about the other sites via email but I've checked them out individually.  Yoyo.com is toys, casa.com is home products and beautybar.com is higher end beauty products, similar to a Sephora.  Vine.com is the green site, which I assume, pulls all the green products from the other sites to one place.
After the EWG's cleaner database came out, I checked out Vine to see if they carried the products that scored high in the database.  It was  great way to price compare from home.  I found that I can get most of the products I need from vine and since it's a sister site to the other six, I can get items (like pet supplies) that I need and put them all in one cart to reach free shipping faster.  Plus, the shipping is only 2 days.  I think I might look at using vine instead of The Honest Co.  I have a bundle with them, but it takes so long for the stuff to ship and I found that their products didn't score any higher than products I can get on vine, for less money.  They even have some food, prepackaged stuff of course, but good for getting some special snacks for the kids.  They even have a little bit of clothing, which is kind of cool.  I clicked on a sweater, and it has a little box under the description of the item that tells you WHY it's green.  In this case, the product is sustainably produced, made of bamboo.  I clicked on a few other items as well, and they all have the "Green Attributes" which include organic, Made in the USA, natural, fair trade, cruelty free.

I clicked on the Shop Local tab at the top and was taken to a link that allows you to select a major city, then be given products that are produced within a 100 mile radius of your city (LA is there Cecilie, and so is Denver, Lindsay, but shockingly, Canton is NOT!)  The more I poke around on here, the cooler this site gets!   I also found that they have a rewards program.  For every dollar you spend (and I noticed that some products are double points) you get one point which you can redeem for credit at any of their stores. Congratulations vine.com and 6 other sister sites...you just got yourself a new customer! (Which I guess isn't really true because I've shopped at diapers.com a few times before.)

No comments:

Post a Comment