Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Being Creative

Yesterday I said I was going to blog about Being Creative--another item on my Celebrating Autumn list.  I know that was I did doesn't actually count as creativity- some would argue it's the opposite- but it's crafty and doing a craft was on the list.  Making something (like my applesauce from Friday) was also on the list so I figure I covered this one on a few levels.  As I mentioned before, I went to Target and got a few activities to do with the kids.  I bought each big kid a foam craft to do and a packet of luminaries.  When they got home from school I showed them what I got and Ellie was on it faster than you can say Boo (or Whoo or Eek, depending on which craft you want to talk about.)  I had to force Caden to do his, but I think he kind of had fun.  Vince liked his too.  Ellie was by far the most enthusiastic, but that was to be expected.  She did the luminaries almost totally alone, Vince may have been allowed to do one.  They were all really easy kits, just
peeling stickers off the back of the various foam pieces and putting them on the larger piece of foam, but it was a fun way for the kids to make something for Halloween to use as a decoration--because we're running low on those in our house.  The luminaries were just bags and sticker's to make faces.  The cool part was that they came with glow sticks to use instead of candles.  I had a meeting last night and missed the "lighting" of the luminaries, but I did hear that Jack got ahold of one and his neck was glowing in the dark.  I don't know if the glow sticks actually make it inside the bags or not, but they had fun playing with them and that's the important thing.  So here are the pictures of the process and the products of our crafting fall.  I'll say it again--I LOVE this list!  So much fun!
Even put down the iPod to craft!

This is the best I could get Caden to smile.  Olivia on the other hand--saw that camera and instantly lit up!

Don't ask why he's not wearing a shirt--be glad he's wearing pants.

It looks like she's helping, but she's actually correcting.

"See Vince,  Like THIS."

Completed projects.

Vince's Bat

Ellie's Owl

Caden's Spider Web

No comments:

Post a Comment