Friday, October 11, 2013

Recipe Friday: HoneyCrisp Apples

I blogged about these guys before, but I just wanted to remind you about Honey Crisp apples.  They are THE BEST!  So sweet, great texture we love them!  I could give you ways to cook them, but they're so good just alone that I didn't want to do that.  So I'm going to do a variation of my favorite magazine, Vegetarian Times, monthly feature One Food Five Ways and give you five ways to enjoy this awesome fall treat.



1. Core it, slice it into rounds.  Spread peanut butter (or any other nut or seed butter) on the circle and then dip it into Rice Krispies or granola.  Makes a great snack with protein, fruit and whole grains.

2. Celebrate Rosh Hashanah any time of the year and slice them and dip them in honey.  (Ellie's favorite!)

3.  Dice apple slices and serve with oatmeal.  (This is Nana's daily breakfast.)

4. Serve with the dip from this old blog post.

5.  Toss shaved apple slices into a mixed greens salad with candied nuts and shaved parmesan curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment