Monday, February 3, 2014

Juice Beauty

This past weekend I had a friend ask me for a more natural make-up.  This has always been an area in which I struggle.  I use EWG's Skin Deep database and research all the make-up and beauty products I buy, but I've found that the ones that get really low scores, 0-2, are generally brands I've never heard of, aren't sold around me, and are way out of my price range.  She was asking about Bare Minerals, a brand I've had good luck with, but their foundation scored a 7.  She was going to Ulta to check it out and match colors.
I've never been Ulta since I don't really have time to shop without my kids and that just seems like a store designed for grabby hands.  Anyway, while she was there she discovered a brand I'd never heard of--Juice Beauty.  Organic make-up at a reasonable price.  I like that!  It's not cheap--I checked it out online--but it's not as expensive as some of those other brands I'd found before--plus, it's easy to get--just up the street from me.  The thing I thought was so cool about this brand is that it has the same kind of stuff that other, less green, brands have, that you don't usually find with more natural products.  They have cleansers and toners, peels and serums--all that stuff I love!  They even have a kids line and one for pregnant women.  (I'm including the link here for you--you-know-who-you-are.)  They also have a quiz you can take to find out which regime is right for you.  I love an online quiz!  Anyway, there it is.  I'm not recommending it--I've never even tested any of the products, but I did look it up on the Skin Deep Database and the line got almost all 0-2 with only one product scoring a 3--pretty good in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment