Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Ellie's 7!

Seven years ago today I had my first little girl.  It seems like a whole different life, and it fact, it was. I lived in a different house, I had half as many kids, I was seven years younger, and I had yet to begin my quest to raise a greener family.  I know everyone is dying to hear every detail of my labor and delivery, but I'm sorry, all you get is that Ellie was my biggest baby, weighing in at 9 lbs, and my fastest labor, clocking in at 2 hrs and 45 minutes.  It's funny because Ellie's by FAR not my biggest kid and by FAR not my most impatient or impulsive child.  She is the one that looks the most like me,  and we share some other traits (sweet tooth), but by and large, Ellie is Ellie.  I love that about her.
She make friends easily, but because of who she is, not because she conforms easily.  She has self- confidence, something that I've always lacked.  She's picks up on things most kids would miss, even some adults.  Ellie can read the underlying currents of situations.  And her memory!  She remembers events and activities we've done that seem meaningless to us, but are significant enough for her to remember.  She's my most honest child and as silly as this seems, she's really good with her siblings.  She GETS Caden, which few people do, she plays well with Vince, even though he always wants to play "guys" and she wants to play girly stuff, she will PLAY with Olivia, engaging her, not just treating her like a living doll.  I'm proud of her and I'm excited to see what this year brings, in her new school, with new friends, a year older.  Happy Birthday Ella Katherine and many happy returns!

Ready to go see a play with Nana? Or Meema?  Ellie would remember!

Easter with Olivia

Hair all done for her tea party with Meema.

Sitting nicely for our family photos.

Playing with Vince in the fort they built. Also eating all the goldfish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment