Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Yogi Teas

I used to be a coffee drinker.  I drank coffee all through college (lots of sugar and cream, of course) and even after I was married.  But then I got pregnant.  Then I was nursing.  Then I was pregnant.  Then I was nursing.  Then I was pregnant.  Then I was nursing.  Then I was nursing AND pregnant.  And now I'm nursing.  So no caffeine is what I'm saying.  I did decaf, and still do decaf coffee occasionally, but when I started shopping at Raisin Rack I discovered the Wide World of Tea.  So much fun!  A whole wall of teas that claim to do different things.  I bought the Mother's Milk one, because, well, I was nursing.  I loved it!  I also bought the Mother-To-Be  because I was pregnant.  I finally started to branch out and what I've found is that Yogi teas are really good.  I don't know about their claims for aiding various ailments, but from I flavor standpoint, I haven't really found anything that quite compares.
My current favorite is Honey Lavender Stress Relief.  There IS something calming about sipping a warm mug of tea, even if there's screaming and crying and someone hanging from my leg in the background.  Many of them do contain caffeine, which I have to watch, especially because I like to drink my tea in the evenings when the kids are "in bed".  (I say this in quotes because my children hate to go to sleep.  We put them in bed and they're out of it, playing, reading, anything but lying down and closing their eyes.  Vince routinely comes out to tell me that he can't sleep, to which I always reply "You need to be in your bed lying down with your eyes closed!  You can't sleep standing in your room talking to Caden!!!") Anyway, I went to the Yogi website to check out their entire line of teas and I found a fun little quiz that will guide you in your tea selection.  You start by selecting if you want tea for flavor or purpose, then it gives you a scroll down menu to narrow farther.  I selected purpose, then caffeine free and it gave me 30 matches.
Here's a list of all the teas that Yogi makes.  I have found the best selection at Raisin Rack, but Giant Eagle and even Wal-Mart (I think) carry some.  You can also order directly from the website.


No comments:

Post a Comment