Thursday, January 8, 2015

Healthy Feet

Just a quick disclaimer.  I'm sorry, Jeff.  This is not a post you're going to find as interesting as the tea post from yesterday.  

That said, I'm super excited about this post!  To ring in the New Year this year I watched the ball drop, put the kids to bed, then began the long process of getting my feet wedding ready. (My brother-in-law got married on January 3rd.)  As I was mid-exfoliation, letting my feet soak in a tub of epsom salts I decided to check out Pinterest and see what I could find on DIY pedicures.  So here's the thing.  I don't really care about the polish part.  I can paint my nails.  Olivia makes me practice on her daily.  (Literally, DAILY!  So cute at first, now it's getting old.) My feet (heels) get dry, like REALLY dry and crack.  DEEP, DEEP cracks that bleed and make it painful to walk.  I love to show them to my mom because I always get so much sympathy from her.  Anyway, Pinterest didn't disappoint!  I found an easy recipe that will hopefully work.  I'm really excited to try it.  Here's the recipe:

1/2 C white vinegar (is there anything vinegar CAN'T do?!?!)
1/2 C Listerine (I've used Listerine as a mouthwash.  Really not surprised that it can take skin off of feet.)
1 C warm water

Soak your feet for 10 minutes and then rub with a nubby washcloth.  The dead skin is supposed to wipe off.  WAY easier than the scary looking metal exfoliating tool I've been using!

Sorry if this post is a little incoherent.  Olivia is insisting on sitting on my lap and Ellie is searching YouTube for birthday cake ideas.  She's found some cute cake pop ideas that look like lots of work.  I've got a month to change her mind...

Picture for the day doesn't really go with the post but it's a catch-up from my time off.
Ellie got tattoo pens for Christmas.  Vince had a mustache for 2 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment