Thursday, January 22, 2015

Juice Beauty and Listerine Feet

I realize that I blog backwards sometimes, which I'm trying to right with this post.  Instead of telling you about this great product or idea that I tried, I often blog about this great product or idea I WANT to try.  So I've finally gotten around to doing some of the things I've blogged about in the past and I wanted to do a quick update on how that went.

First, Juice Beauty.  My friend, Stephanie, told me about Juice Beauty, an organic cosmetic line that she had recently discovered.  I loved the idea of it, and wrote a blog about it, just never got around to actually buying some to try.  SO almost a year later, I'm blogging that I did, in fact, give Juice Beauty a try and so far, so good!  I only bought the eyeliner, which required a TON of self control on my part, but it's really nice.  I was expecting it to be significantly different from conventional cosmetics, since I tried a brand in the past that was natural and I was really unhappy with it.  It was $16, which is literally 4x as much as I was spending on the cheap Cover Girl eyeliner I used previously, but I KNOW it will last longer than the CG and it's better for me and the planet.  I'm going to go back to Ulta and try a different Juice Beauty product next time I need cosmetics.  This time I will leave my girls at home and I'm sure it will be a much faster, less expensive trip.



Listerine feet.  This was a much more recent post.  It was about soaking your feet in vinegar, Listerine and water.  I really thought it worked pretty well, not as well as I had hoped, but I'll definitely do it again. Warning--your feet will smell like vinegar and tingle from the listerine for hours afterward!   I'm sure that Evan would like me to add that it smells horrible, but it didn't really bother me.

All I've got for today!  Olivia is being extra needy which is making it difficult to use my hands for anything other than holding her.


No comments:

Post a Comment