Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Lemon Water

It all started when I got sucked into Facebook.  I never really intended to spend the amount of time on Facebook that I do.  I just want to check one thing.  Usually it's the Save A Mom page. Then something else catches my eye and the next thing I know 10 minutes have gone by and Olivia is starting to get frustrated because I haven't noticed that she's been talking at me for about 5 of those minutes.  Curse you Facebook!  BUT, sometimes I find more that just snarky posts from my friends!  SOMETIMES, I find interesting articles that people have shared, like one on the health benefits of drinking lemon water!  I'd like to actually give you the article, but for some reason, when I went back to my friend's page who originally posted it, it was gone.  This, of course, after I spent WAY longer than I should have trying to find it.  SO, here's another link to an article that touts the benefits of drinking lemon water.

This will be another post, but I'm starting to get interested in essential oils.  Not really starting, I guess, since I've been interested in them for a long time, but I guess it's more of a renewed interest.  Without going into all THAT right now, I'll just say that I bought a bottle of doTERRA lemon oil.  I've been using that to add to my water in place of actual lemon.  LOVE IT!  I actually just added two drops (I meant to do just one but got two) to the pitcher that we use each night for water at the dinner table.  I'm keeping it by the sink and drinking it throughout the day.  I've always been bad about drinking enough water and this is really helping me to get my 8 glasses in a day.  Evan is always amazed that I can eat an entire meal without drinking anything.  Many times I've looked at the clock and realized the day is almost over and I haven't had any fluids.  Not really sure how that happens, but it does. Anyway, I love the lemon water not only because it of the health benefits (I'm still getting to that part) but also because it just tastes better.  We have a Reverse Osmosis filter so our water tastes good, but sometimes I just want something with a little flavor.  This lemon water is perfect!  Just a hint of flavor but not like drinking a glass of juice.  Or wine.  Maybe I should just start keeping a bottle of wine by the sink and drinking that... no, probably not the best idea.


OK, so that's why I like it, but here are the health benefits to drinking water with lemon. (If you want all the info, click on the link.  I'll just do a list format here without all the explanation.)


  1. Hydration
  2. Constipation Help
  3. Stop UTIs
  4. Battle Breath
  5. Weight Loss
  6. Freshen Your Skin
  7. Recover from a Workout
  8. Help with Aches and Pains
  9. Reduces Phlegm
  10. Strengthens the Brain
  11. Cleanses the Liver
  12. Pump up the Immune System

Maybe it's all BS and lemon water really doesn't do any of that stuff.  But here's the way I see it.  Drinking water IS good for you.  If adding a little lemon has the potential, even just the slightest tiny bit, to make drinking said water even a little tiny bit better, why not do it?  If nothing else, its something that's renewed my interest in increasing my water consumption.  Once the novelty wears off you may get a blog post about how AWESOME peppermint water is to drink (no clue if that's even a thing!) but until then, slice a lemon and toss it in a glass and drink up! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment