Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bath Recipe

YEARS ago my mom got me a bath book, The Scented Bath by Maribeth Riggs,  for Christmas.  I LOVED it!  I've moved 6 times since then and it's been one of the VERY few books that's made every move.  Sadly, I haven't taken a nice relaxing bath in years.  We had a garden tub when we lived in Columbus, and I loved the idea of taking baths in that, but it took forever to fill the thing up and used a ton of hot water.  Anyway, back to the book.  I was watching Olivia in the tub last night and I thought about adding a drop of lavender essential oil to the tub to help soothe her and get her ready for bedtime. It made me think of my bath book and I dug the thing out and reread some of the recipes.    It's pretty dated now (Clan Of The Cave Bear Bath) but I love the descriptions of each bath almost as much as the recipes. The really sets a scene in each description.  I remember scouring Canton for some of the more "exotic" ingredients.  The back of the book lists locations, addresses and phone numbers.  How much easier it would have been had there been an internet!



The recipe I'm going to share is kind of long, so I'm just going to try to do a photo of it instead of retyping it all.  It only calls for one essential oil, Rosemary so it's not as expensive to replicate as some of the others that call for 4-5 different oils.  I know that no one will probably actually do this bath and honestly, I won't either, but sometimes, just the though of doing something as pampering and relaxing as taking half an hour to prepare a bath then take the bath is enough.  Pause, Relax, Breathe.



No comments:

Post a Comment