Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Updated Reading List

Well this is totally out of character.  I'm blogging about a book I've READ.  Not a book I want to read, am thinking about reading or have read the first few pages.  I actually completed this one BEFORE I blogged about it!  I'm really making progress with this following through thing I'm trying.  This one is called Lemons and Lavender: The Eco Guide to Better Homekeeping.     It's a different read that I thought it would be, but still really good.  I expected it to be all about greening your house CLEANING, but it's really more housekeeping--everything house.  The whole first part is about reducing, reusing and recycling to furnish your home, then there is gardening and cleaning and even a little bit of cooking and holidays.  I liked the cleaning part best because it just reinforced what I already know--vinegar and water with a little baking soda, castille soap and essential oils are all you need to clean just about everything.



I also finished The Urban Homestead, which I blogged about BEFORE I finished it.  When I blogged before I mentioned mostly the gardening part, which I found the most interesting even after I finished the entire book.  I liked reading it because it talked about going off the grid, which isn't really something I aspire to do, but I'd like to be in such a position that I could mentally make the jump if needed.  That sounds crazy, I know.  I want to be in a place where in my head I could think , "If I just did X, Y, X I could be totally self-sufficient" You know, like if the zombie apocalypse hits tomorrow I might have a chance.  (Full disclosure, in case of Zombie Apocalypse, I'm finding Bear Grylls.  That dude will survive even better than Darryl!)

OK that's all I've got!  Big day today!  I just got home from taking Miss Stella to get her stitches out so we're officially done with THAT ordeal.  I got a notification from the school that it's going to be closed for cold for the next two days so I've got to get ready for an extra long weekend.  Most importantly I realized I'm now closer to 40 than I am to 30 today.  Happy? Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment