Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Stella's Drama

Today's post is about how I don't really have time to blog today because I spent the whole afternoon at the vet.  Last night Stella started puking (mostly on the floor but also all over Ellie's bed-at bedtime of course) and continued to throw up all morning (all over our bed).  She didn't eat at all and she looked miserable last night and this morning.  After preschool the two little ones and I took her up to the emergency vet in Green and after some blood work and x-rays we found out she had something in her stomach.  This isn't a surprise to me at all because I am constantly taking things out of that dog's mouth.  She always has something of the kids and it is though this that I have learned about that famous pit bull grip.  It's like an iron trap.  I can pry Jacks jaws apart to get an action figure from him, but not Stella.  When she clamps down I just have to wait until she's ready to let it go.

Good news is that her surgery went well this afternoon.
It turns out the "something" was dental floss wrapped around some unidentified coil and some bristles from Ellie hairbrush that she destroyed the other day.  The vet said that if we hadn't operated, theres no way it would have worked its way out on it's own, so I'm glad we did, but phew--what an ordeal!

So that's my day.  You'd think one less dog in this house would make for an easier day, not more difficult! The added bonus for the kids was that they have cookies and candy at the vet.  Little Miss Stella comes home tomorrow night provided she's able to keep food down tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment