Monday, February 2, 2015

Snow Ice Cream!

With all the snow we were supposed to get, I got all my ingredients ready for snow ice cream yesterday!  I put a big container out on the grill (up high enough that that dogs couldn't get it) and waited for the snow to fill it up. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get as much fluffy snow as we were supposed to get, but even with the rising temp, the snow that I had worked great for this recipe.  I'm sure there's more snow in our future so I'm sharing this recipe.  The original recipe calls for milk, but I use heavy cream.  It makes it much richer-if you can imagine that!



Snow Ice Cream


2 quarts of snow
1/2 C milk (Heavy cream is better)
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix milk, sugar and vanilla together.  Pour over snow and mix well!  Eat immediately!  It won't keep in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment