Monday, May 28, 2012

Keeping Promises

My kids grew.  I'm not sure when it happened, but their shorts and dresses are making it clear that all of a sudden, they're taller.  I've been thinking about when and where to get new clothes for them.  It's SO close to summer and I don't want to spend a lot of money buying them nice things that I know they're just going to outside in.  Also being close to summer, the realness of baby is coming closer and closer, and with that, the realness that we need to make room.  Enter the HUGE pile of clothes in the corner of my bedroom that my kids have outgrown, that need to be sorted into the "save for baby" and "go to Goodwill" pile.  Then I remembered a blog post from awhile back and my two projects merged.  I was talking about how I needed to think greener in more ways and "reduce, reuse, recycle" and I said that I should shop at consignment stores for kids clothes.  Here, hopefully is my answer to my growing children.  I'm going to add a third pile to my previous two, "to Once Upon A Child" and take in some clothes when I go to shop for some new ones.  The downfall I see is that this store also sells toys, which I'll have to address before we go, but I'm excited at the prospect of finding some "new" things so my kids aren't showing so much leg.  I'm also excited because I feel good about doing something ELSE green that I haven't done in the past.  I feel like I get stuck in a rut for awhile and keep doing the same things, which is good, but I also need to keep adding more ways to be greener in order to grow.  The bad news...I still have that HUGE pile of clothes to go through in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment