Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Soap Works

I was planning my day in the shower this morning.  As I mentally made my to-do list I was brainstorming for a blog topic.  Then I looked down at my hands and realized I was holding a great topic...soap.  I've tried TONS of different soaps over the years, looking for one that's reasonably priced (I love Dr Bronner's, but $4 a bar gets to be a lot with 5 people), a bar soap (my oldest used 1/4 a bottle of shampoo the other day, just because it came out fast and he wasn't paying attention) and green (no parabens, phosphates or lauryl sulphates).  I also have to deal with my son's eczema.  Enter The Soap Works.  I found these soaps by accident at the Raisin Rack one day.  I was looking at something else, and my daughter found the display.  They are all unpackaged, which is also a plus for team green, and the smell and color display was too tempting for her to leave alone.  So we started looking at all the kinds of soaps they have and how their various properties work to improve the soap.  I bought the Goat Milk Soap for my big guy's eczema and we've also tried various different types.  I was using the Pumice in the shower this morning to clean all the dirt off my feet that I get from walking around barefoot in the yard.  I love that each soap has a brief explanation about what it does and that they only cost $1.99-$2.99 a bar.  The down side is that they're from Canada, which means they have to travel kind of far to get here...but I guess since it's Toronto, it's actually closer than a product from California (346 mi VS 2,369 mi).  Once I started checking out distances, I realized it's actually pretty close.  NYC is 445 mi away from me.  I redact my previous statement, they're not that far away so it's not really that big of a carbon footprint.  ANYWAY, check out the soaps!  There's one for every skin type.  I've been happy with every kind I've tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment