Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lettuce

Yesterday my mom went to a nursery to pick up some plants for my aunt, who is on vacation.  While she was there, she found a super cool gift for me...mixed lettuces in a pot!  The salesperson told her it would last about 3 cuttings.  They look GREAT!  I'm excited to try them.  I've read about container gardening, and I'm wondering if that's what route I'm going to have to take this year.  I can't seem to get my act together to get out there and get my garden ready.  I bought some seeds, I've THOUGHT about doing it, but right now it's just a giant dandelion patch.  I need to till it and get those seeds in the ground!!!!!  Last year I waited until almost the end of May to plant, and I really wish that I hadn't because my crops weren't ready to harvest until almost the end of the summer.  I'm thinking I may need to forgo the seeds this year and just buy some vegetable plants for as many things as I can.  (The kids want to do carrots, and I don't really think I can get carrot plants!)  So I'm hoping that blogging about it will actually make me get going and DO it!  My excuse is that I need to borrow the tiller from  my in-laws, but I know I COULD do it by hand.  Once I'm out there working, I don't think it will take me that long.  So here's to motivation...and a weekend without rain (at least Sunday's looking good at this point!)

No comments:

Post a Comment