Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Once Upon A Child

I finally got all my clothes sorted and took the load to Goodwill and drove over to Once Upon A Child.  I was surprised at the HUGE inventory of clothes they had!  They aren't seasonal, which is good for resale, and I thought they had a fair selection of clothes in the sizes I looked at.  I read a review that said their prices were high and the staff was unfriendly, but I didn't find either of these to be true.  I thought the pricing was kind of funny.  The Faded Glory (Wal-Mart) dress I bought my daughter was only two dollars less than the Gymboree dress I got her.  I actually bought her the exact same dress from Gymboree that I was I brought in to sell, just two sizes bigger!  I got 3 dresses, a shorts set, two pairs of flip flops, crocs, a toddler suit and 3 pairs of boy's athletic shorts for about $50.  I took in a heaping laundry basket of clothes and got about $45 for it.  So overall, I really only spent $5, which isn't bad at all!  My biggest issues was that it was hard to size because some of the size 5 dresses weren't really size 5 anymore, after being washed and dried.  I was running to the issues I have with a lot of the dresses I was selling--too short.  But I was spending less than $5 or $6 on average for a dress, which I didn't think was too bad.  It made me feel good to know that I was being green, my kids got some new clothes that they needed, and I got some cash for clothes that I would normally have just tossed to Goodwill (which I guess is also good.).  All in all it was a good experience.  I was surprised how many baby clothes and items they have!  Once I know if I need to buy blue or pink I'll need to go back and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment