Monday, June 4, 2012

Gervasi Farmer's Market Opening Day!

It's almost here!  The winery that's half a mile from my house is going to start having it's Farmer's Market next, June 13th from 4-7pm in cooperation with my new friends at Countryside Conservancy!  The produce that I was getting from Breezy Hill Farm in the early spring will now be available to pick up even CLOSER to my house...how's THAT for fresh LOCAL produce?!?!  I checked out the vendor list this year and it looks like they're going to have more farms and REAL food this year than they did in the past.  I know that the first year they did their farmer's market it was really more of a local vendor's with soaps, plants, pastries, kind of thing.  I'm excited that it looks to be more of a place where I can get fresh, organic, produce. 
For opening day the events that are planned are "Kids Carnation Activity, Live Music by Mary Pusateri, Organic Gardening by Petitti Gardens".  I'm excited to check it out!  I'm sure the kids are too, since it took me an entire year to convince them that Gervasi Vineyard did NOT have dinosaurs and I'm STILL not sure they believe me!   (I guess the entrance looked like the entrance to the old dinosaur exhibit at the Cleveland Zoo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment