Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby Time

Yesterday evening, I went outside with Ellie to "harvest".  We were having green beans for dinner and she and I went out to pick.  This is the second harvest we've had with this group of beans.  I'm really happy with how much we've been able to get with just our few plants.  I'm also proud that I actually planted these guys from organic seeds.  I kind of feel like I can only kind of take credit for the plants that we bought that were already sprouted.
As we went out to the garden, we heard some live music, as which point I realized... IT'S WEDNESDAY!  I managed to totally forget about Gervasi's farmer's market AGAIN!  (Yes, we live THAT close to Gervasi to hear their outdoor entertainment).  I need to write it on the calendar and in my planner, I guess.  Even though the activities have slowed down, the kids aren't in school, I'm still having a hard time keeping it all together.  I'm blaming the baby. 

Today is a big day in baby news...37 weeks, full term today!  That, for those of you who aren't regular readers of BabyCenter.com, means that at this point this kid is fully developed and ready to come out...the longer he/she stays in the better, but at this point the lungs are most likely developed enough to fare just as well as a kiddo born closer to his/her due date.  So I'm down to crunch-time with preparing for this kid...and I'm not ready.  With this being the 4th, there just isn't as much prep as there was with the others.  We pretty much have everything, it's just a matter of bringing it up from the basement, cleaning it off and finding a place to put it.  This last part seems to be posing the biggest problem.  We've gained so many more toys since we last had to have baby items, it's starting to get cramped.  There's now an art easel where the high chair used to be, a train table where the couch used to be, the couch is now occupying the spot where the baby swing was... I'm getting creative.
The good news is that I don't really have too much waste from new baby stuff.  I was assembling the new playmat (the last one wasn't going to make it through another kid) and I realized how much packaging I was tearing though to get at these little baby toys.  I was feeling pretty good about my greenness, all the reusing I was doing (which really, come on, it was all my old baby stuff to begin with, but it still counts as reusing!).
So the diapers are all in the washer right now, getting deep cleaned and ready to have the thicker inserts replaced with the newborn ones, and be snapped to the smallest size.  I'm starting to slowly add to my bag to take to the hospital and counting down the last few weeks before this little one joins our family...and I can bend at the middle again!
Number One, Caden.
 
Number Two, Ella. (WITH her birthmark!)
Number Three, Vincent.

No comments:

Post a Comment