Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pictures

So this is my new goal, to add more pictures to my blog. I was looking at some blogs friends of mine do (Not Raising Brats) (Yellow Finch Designs) and I clicked on a few of the "What We're Reading" links and realized, I need more pictures.  Just to be clear, my pictures will in no way resemble what Liz has on Yellow Finch!  They will be off-center and ill-frames, but they'll be a little different than just reading words.  Of course I'm one of the 5 people in the US that doesn't own an iPhone, so I'll actually have to take the pictures with a CAMERA and upload them, but I think it will be worth it.

 I've gotten so lax about taking pictures.  When we take the kids to the zoo, I always think, "We have 100 pictures of this place, we don't need more."  I feel this excuses my laziness for picture-taking.  But it doesn't.  Each trip is different and each experience can be captured on "film" to help me remember that day.  Today I'm going to add some pictures of my garden.  If I had been doing this for awhile, you'd be able to see how it's grown, but this will have to be the "before" pictures.

 I'd LOVE to take a picture of our softball sized watermelon, but SOMEONE couldn't keep his little hands off it and picked it the other day...it was still green inside, but he ate it anyway, out of the trash can I may add!

 More lettuce than the 5 of us can eat!  This is what I planted from seed, not what was in the pot my mom gave me.  It looks a little wilty in this pic, but that's only because it's the heat of the day.  At dinner time it looks great!

Some Green Beans, ready to be picked!
 The reason Abby was nosing around in the garden this morning...a rabbit tried to build a nest in our non-producing strawberry patch!  Good job flushing them out, Rotten Sue!
Rotten Sue...in a tutu.
Our biggest butternut squash
 Bell peppers
 One of our cantaloups.

 Our carrot tops...not sure what's under there, but they look good from above!  Also lots of marigolds to keep bugs away.  They seem to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment