Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Missing Cat

When I was trying to think of a blog topic today, all I could think about was my cat, so I decided to blog about her. 

We went to Sesame Place again this year.  We were gone for 4 days and 3 nights.  When we got home, Abby, the dog, was there to greet us.  We started unpacking, the kids played with all the toys they'd missed over the last few days, and Evan and I realized, we hadn't seen the cat.  So we looked EVERYWHERE for her.  She's an indoor cat, so it shouldn't be hard to find her, but we thought she might be mad at us and hiding so we waited until the evening, when the kids were in bed, hoping she'd come out...no luck.  So we put up posters the next day, but we haven't gotten any calls.  I'm going to go to the Humane Society as soon as it opens again (they were closed for 3 days around the 4th of July holiday). 
Oddly enough, I had just read an article about lost pets in Kiwi Magazine.  I found it interesting when I read it, but necessary when I lost my cat.  It was mostly about  a non-profit called Dogs Finding Dogs, which is a Baltimore-Based (why did it have to be so far from here!?!?)  agency that uses trained dogs to find missing pets.  I loved the idea of transferring the skills of scent hounds that we've been using to find missing people to find missing pets. With a 90% success rate, I'd say it's pretty effective.  I wish I were able to use them, but since I can't, I'll keep to my posters and the Humane.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm wishing very hard, too, that you find little Meggie. She is a sweet cat that we aren't ready to have out of our lives yet. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete