Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Amber necklace


Awhile ago I found amber necklaces for babies in a natural catalog I get.  I thought it was a pretty cool idea, but at the time I didn't have a baby.  When Oliva was born, I knew exactly what I was going to get her for Christmas!  Amber is said to have healing properties.  These baby necklaces are supposed to help with teething pain.  I wanted to give you a little blurb from the web about amber, but what I could find seemed WAY out there (I just have a hard time buying into something that talks about it's "magical" powers.)  I did find this short little snip on a baltic amber website.
"Amber is as old as time itself, dating back millions of years. And yet, it is still believed in today and used for its magnificent healing power for treating joint pain, arthritic ailments, and even teething pain for children. Baltic amber is also used in the cosmetics industry and in other fields as well."

The question I always get, when someone comments on O's necklace and I tell them what it's for, is "Does it work?"  Truth is, I can't really answer that.  She can't really tell me, but I do know that she's a little fussier at night when she's not wearing it than she is during the day when she has it on.  It might work, but really, look at the pictures below, does it really matter if it works or not?  Look how CUTE it is! 
Actually, I'm blogging about this because I really do think it works a little.  I got this one from Nova Natural, but The Breastfeeding Center had a great selection of different shades of amber as well as necklaces for adults and bracelets/anklets for babies. 


 

1 comment: