Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stone Cottage Farm and Garden

I was researching chickens all weekend.  I'll probably never actually GET any because I'll never be done reading about what I should and shouldn't do.  ANYWAY, I stumbled across this site in my chicken research.  It's Stone Cottage Farm and Garden and it just sounded so quaint I couldn't wait to share it on my blog. They have bees, chickens, orchards, maple syrup, nuts and berries, gardens, ponds--it seems to be an old fashioned homestead.  I've been reading and thinking about urban homesteading a lot lately (I REALLY would like to keep bees since I LOVE bees, but Ellie is terrified and I could see that attracting bees to my yard *might* irritate the neighbors) and so this place greatly appealed to me.  Ready for the piece de resistance?!?



They have classes!!!!!  On what you ask?  Well, raising chickens for one!  Raised bed sustainable and organic gardening, urban homesteading day and preserving foods are all courses offered.  They are offered at different locations as well, if Cuyahoga Falls isn't convenient for you.  Here's the schedule.

They also have a shop for small farm and gardening supplies.  I'm so excited!  I've been trying to check this out between loads of laundry from puking kids. Sorry it's a short entry and a day late!  I'm doing the best I can...as my blog summary says!


Vince--BEFORE he puked on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment