Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Still Thinking about Chickens

I told you last time I blogged about getting chickens that I probably wouldn't do it, I just needed to think about it for awhile until the idea had run it's course.  I'm still thinking about it.  My mother in law called last night to congratulate Ellie on being Student Of the Month for February (yeah Ellie!) and asked me if I had seen the chicken coops in Williams-Sonoma.  I had not.  The fact that Williams-Sonoma is selling chicken coops is amazing to me.  I'm not totally out there!  This is actually a big thing that people are doing!  I went to the website to check out the coops. (side note, this whole time Vince has been thinking I've been saying chicken poops.  My mom asked him if he wanted chickens and he said, "Chickens poop."  They do, but while watching the following YouTube videos, he continually confused the word coop for poop.  Maybe this is a sign.  Or he's just a boy that thinks poop is the funniest thing in the world.) They're really pretty, not horrifically expensive and I was surprised to see that they're made (somewhat) locally.  Even if you're not thinking about getting chickens, these clips are an interesting look into how "back to basics" we are becoming.  (OK, I consent, we're still a LONG way from the days when everyone had backyard chickens.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment