Thursday, March 7, 2013

Llama Llama Thank You Mama!

Trekker Sock

I love llamas.  I'm not sure why, but I've been a fan for a long time.  I'm aware that llamas and alpacas are not the same thing, but the appeal of the llama transfers to the alpaca-in my opinion.  So when my mom bought me a pair of llama (alpaca) socks, I was super excited!  My feet are always cold and she had heard that alpaca fur was warm and soft so even though the socks were more than I would spend on a pair of socks (even on some shoes) she got them for me as a little indulgance.  And they are AWESOME!  They're not only super warm, they're the softest things my feet have ever felt---that includes the inside of my Uggs, which were the previous softest-ever-title holders.  
This particluar pair of socks are Alpaca Trekkers, pictured above.  They're made from North American Alpaca fur and made in the USA by America's Alpaca.  While not certified organic, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an alpaca farmer spraying his herd with pesticides and fungicides so I think it's safe to say that alpaca fiber is "cleaner" than traditional cotton. Plus "These products are made in the USA from Alpaca fiber produced by the member farms of the Alpaca Fiber Cooperative of North America. When you buy these products you support American farmers and textile workers. Look for the North American Alpaca logo. Buy Made in USA!!" Again, a fun purchase from Hartville Collectibles--now I really AM going to have to go up there!

1 comment:

  1. Oops! Not from Hartville Collectibles but purchased at a craft show where Cool Breeze Fiber Products was the vendor. They have a store at 8967 Mouliin Ave NE, Alliance. They had beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete