Monday, September 17, 2012

Controversial Dip

Awhile ago I blogged about how I couldn't get Ellie to eat fruit, so I was going to try to sneak it into foods.  It was a bust.  Everything I tried got a thumbs down.  I even had her help me make some things, hoping THAT would make her interested enough to try them...not so much. 
So this weekend I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Dip from Deceptively Delicious buy Jessica Seinfeld.  Vince and I really liked it, but Ellie, Caden and Evan, even Evan's friend Nick, gave it a thumbs down.  I was SHOCKED!  Evan LOVES chocolate peanut butter pie, milkshakes, Reeses--I thought this would be a slam dunk.  So even though Friday is usually recipe day, I'm sharing this recipe on Monday, hoping someone else will try it and give me their feedback.  I'm not crazy, right, this dip IS good!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C cream cheese
6 TBSP chocolate syrup
1/4 C carrot puree
1/2 tsp salt
fruit slices for dipping

Mix first 5 ingredients until smooth.  Dip in the fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment