Monday, March 10, 2014

Caden is 9!

Happy Birthday to my oldest!  I've looked at him over the years and thought about how big he's gotten and today was no different. I was telling him over breakfast what was going on at that time nine years ago- judging by his interest level, it's not the best story, so I won't bore you with it.  But I like to think back on Cadens past on his birthday.  Who he was at each birthday and how he's changed.  Our old neighbors were Jehovah's Witnesses, and therefore didn't really celebrate birthdays.    She once told me that on each kid's birthday they talked about the day they were born and how much they had grown over the past year.  I thought that was a really great way to celebrate--in a different sense of the word-- each birthday.  So, Caden, here's you, over the last 9 years.

Caden the day after he was born.

One Year old

Making his "Monkey Face" at two.

Ornery at 3.

Ready to fight at 4.


Trecking in the woods at 5.
Birthday dinner at 6.


Goofy at 7
Lost in his iPod at 8.

Caden opening his presents this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment