Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oh, right, Swiss Chard!

Yesterday someone was asking me where to get kale-apparently it was sold out at Giant Eagle.  Clearly lots of people have been reading my blog and kale is now in high demand.  I told her I've seen it almost everywhere that carries produce--even Wal-Mart has it.  She was going to use it in smoothies, which I do as well, and I was thinking how it's so much better than spinach.  I feel like spinach really gives the smoothie a gritty, greens taste, while kale doesn't really add a whole bunch of flavor.  Then all of a sudden, I remembered my old friend Swiss Chard.  I can't BELIEVE I had forgotten about this guy!  I LOVED swiss chard so much!  I used to sautee it for lunch all the time.  I added it to smoothies and I would even throw it in soups when they called for "greens".  I haven't gotten any in a REALLY long time and that's going to change when I go to the grocery store this week.  It also made me remember how easy it was to grow.  I planted some in the first garden I did and it came up again the next year--a TON.



That cute little dog I blogged about yesterday was a terror today.  He uprooted the little pine I got from The Honest Company back in January.  He chewed it pretty good this time so I can't replant it.  The good news is that now I have a container to plant my kale in on March 31st.  OK Olivia just fell off a chair, I'm fighting with Caden to get his homework done and I have to go get Ellie from the bus. I'm done blogging for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment