Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's HERE!

It's here!  Spring!  I know it's only for a day, but it feels so good to be able to be outside without a heavy coat and to see that sunshine and the blue sky!  I have my windows open and I'm able to enjoy the spring sounds of the guy down the street cleaning his car with the radio blasting hip-hop.  I'd prefer birds chirping, but at this point, the knowledge that the snow and ice are almost totally melted in my yard makes me not even care.  Vince is outside playing without a coat (and mud boots, but that's spring) and even Jack is outside playing (sniffing all the new smells that have been buried under the snow since we moved in.)

So I was going to blog about grass-fed cow yogurt that my mom told me about, but instead I'm just going to enjoy today.  4-6 inches of snow are on their way so I'm going to live in the moment.  I'm going to breath in the fresh air, turn off the heat, and try to remember what spring really feels like--and all the fun that goes with it--outside planting and fresh produce at the farmers market and even grocery store.  Happy Spring (even if it only lasts for a day!)



Playing outside together--sometimes they DO get along!
Going to the NCPL this morning


No comments:

Post a Comment