Thursday, March 6, 2014

SmileBox

I have to confess that I've been a little lazy with Caden's birthday.  It's surprised  me this year--all of a sudden it's here!  I think I was planning Ellie's, then I planned his family party, then I just kind of forgot about it.  But now it's quickly approaching and we are scrambling to throw together a friend party for him.  He's not making a lot of friends quickly at his new school--which is very Caden-like, and he didn't have a ton of close friends at the old school--also very Caden-like.  Therefore, he doesn't have a huge guest list for a party.  We were just going to do something kind of informal--taking a few kids to The North Canton Skate and Entertainment Center to play video games, laser tag, euro bungy, bumper cars, etc.  Of course I didn't really PLAN that until the other day when I realized we're out of weekends and we need to get this invites out NOW!
I typed something up quickly today on Word and it looked lame.  I was embarrassed to send it out.  It was clearly done last minute and I felt like it looked that way.  I need to at least present the image of having my act together.  It's the fact that I actually don't a little easier for me to handle.  So I jumped on Pinterest to find something--nothing for boys over 4 that I could find.  And nothing that was something I could whip up at home--lots of things to order.  So I googled it.  And I found Smilebox.  It's a free program that you download and it has tons of really cute options for invitations and thank you notes as well.  SO happy with it!  It's similar to evite, but you have the option of ordering an actual paper invite, emailing, posting to Facebook or printing from home.  I created a cute invitation with Caden's picture on it in minutes and printed out 4 for him to take to school tomorrow.  BAM!  I look like I have my act together!  Fooled you all!  Anyway, thought I'd share.  It's a great option when you don't have the time to run to the party store, or as an alternative to paper invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment