Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recipe Friday: Breakfast Smoothie

I LOVE smoothies!  I have my go-to smoothie that I've been making for years with yogurt, kale, OJ, bananas and berries, but when I saw this one in a magazine, I thought I'd give it a try.  I varied from the original recipe by using mixed berries instead of strawberries and peanut butter instead of almond butter, but it was still pretty tasty.  I like how it includes some whole grains with the oatmeal.  It gives it a thicker, creamier texture and the small amount of peanut butter gives it a boost of protein with a hint of the flavor.  I might try tossing some of these ingredients into my traditional smoothie and see what happens.

Breakfast Smoothie



1 C frozen strawberries
1C skim milk
2 TBSP almond butter
1/4 C rolled oats
dash of cinnamon

Throw it all in a blender and puree until smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment