Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thinking Spring: Garden Beds

It's been a long winter.  I've heard people say that before, which always seemed silly to me, but this year, I get it.  I'm SO ready for warmer weather and the ground to thaw.  I saw a woman at the YMCA today with a 31 tote in a flip-flop pattern and I sighed looking at it.  I want to wear flip flops again.  And tank tops--without layers over them.  So as I'm thinking about warmer weather, I'm also getting back to exercising at the Y again--really. Not like I did before where I mostly read on the Arc Trainer and never broke a sweat.  I'm lifting weights and really trying to focus more on the exercise part of my cardio, rather than the literary.  Along with my new exercise routine, I'm also back to eating better.  I've been eating LOTS of kale, which always makes me feel better.  I'm making smoothies again and I've been sautéing kale with beans and rice for lunch.  (Today I threw in some dried cranberries, and walnuts as well as sautéing half a zucchini and even a scrambled egg--so good!)  The  one bunch of kale I was buying before that was lasting me for weeks is now only lasting me a few days.  It KILLS me to buy kale, when I know I can grow it for so cheap--but it's not *quite* time to plant yet--Sprout Robot says March 31st.  I was going online to check out what the best containers are for container gardening and I happened across these tips for starting your bed or raised bed.  They're all on sprout robot, but I copied them here, just for a quick reference.  I love that site!








No comments:

Post a Comment