Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Breezy Hill Farm--It's Spring!

I've posted about Breezy Hill Farm before, but it's been awhile.  It's a certified organic farm in Homeworth, Ohio that produces TONS of veggies year round, thanks to their high tunnels.  A few years ago they started a working relationship with Hazel Artisan Bakery here in North Canton.  You could place an order with Breezy Hill and they'd deliver it to Hazel's for you to pick up--very convent for those of us in the Canton-NC area!  They when I was pregnant with Olivia and teaching preschool, I used to order produce from them and pick it up on my way home from school.  I'd  almost always find something special from the bakery too--a loaf of bread, or some cookies for the kids.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how I can get local, organic produce in a CSA fashion, without the commitment  and expense of joining a CSA.  If I don't have time to pick up anything that week or if I don't want what they're offering, I simply don't order.  I have to be honest and say I haven't ordered in almost two years, but today I placed my order online for baby bok choi, wild ramps and kale.  Since I last ordered they've made the ordering process even easier with an online store.  Now all I do is go to the website, add what I want to my cart and check out.  I'll just pay when I get to the bakery on Thursday.  So excited to be doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment