Monday, April 28, 2014

Crown Point Ecology Center

A friend of mine from High School sent me a request on Facebook to "like" a page.  I get these a lot, like I'm sure everyone else does too.  I usually assume that they just checked all their friends and hit send, but when I saw the word "ecology" my interest was peaked--shocking, right?  So it's taken me a month to actually check out their FB page (I'm pathetic) but it looks pretty interesting.  They were trying to get 1000 "likes" by Earth Day (sorry about that Crown Point--if I'd been on the ball you could have had my "like") which I guess they did.  I don't have the patience to scroll all the way down the page and search around on FB for pertinent information (maybe if you had pictures of puppies like Save A Mom Pregnant Dog Rescue does I'd visit your page more!) so I googled their website instead.  Here's a screen shot of their homepage.



I'm really glad I found this place!  Besides just going to visit (they have a Children's Garden!) they also offer a CSA, education programs for kids (summer camps) and adults as well as spiritual direction and a farm apprentice program (I AM looking for something to do in 5 years when the kids are all in school...).  When the weather is finally warm and the kids are out of school, I plan to take a drive up there and check out their self-guided tour.

Sometimes Facebook is functional!  Who would have thought?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment