Monday, April 14, 2014

Target Has Groceries!

I feel like my entire life revolves around food.  Making breakfast, packing and making lunches, planning, shopping for and making dinners--and ALL the clean-up!  It just gets so monotonous.  That's why when I found our our Target was getting a full grocery section I was super excited.  I love Target and I was glad for the break in my grocery shopping routine.  So last week I packed up the family (yes, all 6 of us went) and we headed to Target to check out the new grocery section.  This blogger gives it mixed reviews.  First, their overall selection is pretty good--however, their organic produce and fresh meat section was nonexistent.  NONE!  I was shocked!  Target is so great about carrying organic and earth-friendly products in almost all other areas, I was SO surprised to find that they didn't even have organic bananas, apples and carrots--the most BASIC of organics!  Even ALDI carries those in organics!!!  So that part was a little disappointing, HOWEVER, the rest of their groceries were great!  They and a pretty good selection of organics in the non-perishable departments and I felt the prices were pretty good--add that 5% off with my RedCard and I was pretty happy with my Target shopping trip.  I will not take all 5 of them with me again though.  WAY too expensive with 6 people throwing things in the cart!



Yesterday I went by myself. and managed to save $50 off my total with coupons and discounts!  So excited about that!  The down side is that they DO have so many organic and healthy options that I spent more because I bought things I normally wouldn't, like the GoPicnic lunches that I love so much, but normally don't buy.  They had them on sale 2 for $7 and since they had my favorite (Black Bean Dip and Plantain Chips) I HAD to buy them.  So I guess that's KIND of a negative.  It's worth it to check it out.  This week, they're running a discount that if you txt Target (827438) GROCERY1 and get a coupon for $10 off your $50 grocery purchase!

I also got a great email from Weelicious this past week.  I didn't check it out right away, but when I did I knew I had to share it.  I'm SO ready to be done with packing lunches for the year.  I keep encouraging the kids to buy, even though I wish they wouldn't.  This email linked to a list of photos and descriptions of lunches she's packed for her kids.  It just gave me a lot of ideas beyond the baby carrots and apple slices that poor Caden always seems to get.  It's just a nice little push to get me through these last few months until summer and farmers markets start!

No comments:

Post a Comment