Thursday, April 3, 2014

Inspired

I'm not a huge fan of inspiration quotes.  I generally find them kind of funny.  Pulling a phrase out of context isn't generally what speaks to me.  This past weekend I read a quote that really did speak to me.  I was at the Columbus Zoo with the family when I saw this quote written on the wall.  I was afraid I'd forget it, so I dug around in my bag for my phone to snap a picture.  (I would also like to confess that it was the only picture I took of my family at the zoo.  Sorry kids.  Guess this trip will have to live in your memories only. )


I feel like this is me.  There are a lot of things I blog about that I think are really great ideas or causes, but I really don't ever do anything about them.  Today I'm going to change that.  Last year I blogged about how great I thought the Arbor Day Foundation Membership program was--you join and get 10 free trees to plant.  I never did it.  I liked the idea, thought I'd LOVE to have the kids help plant the trees AND I was thrilled with the 10 Reasons Why To Plant Trees--yet I never followed through.  SO, today I'm going to join.  We had to cut down a lot of trees when we moved in here and I feel like it's only right to plant some more (says the woman who doesn't rake leaves).  I typed in my zip code and it gave me a few options of trees from which I can choose that are good for my climate.  (Here's the screen shot of what you can get.)
I'm getting the flowering trees because the others have lots of maples and oaks and thats just tons of leaves.  Plus, I really love Dogwoods, but not enough to get 10 of them!

I'll also get this free guide:
I feel better already!  I only ORDERED the trees, but even though it's just something little, it's still something.  Thanks for the inspiration Edmund Burke!

No comments:

Post a Comment