Friday, April 11, 2014

Recipe Friday: Pizza Fondue

This week has been crazy!  We've had at least 3 things a night and usually something during the day! It's been really tricky coming up with dinner ideas that I can pull together quickly, clean up quickly and everyone will eat.  Enter Pizza Fondue.  SO fast to prep, cooks for only 2 hrs in the croc pot and everyone loves it!  The best part is, the fondue itself is meat-free so all I have to do to balance the meat loving and meat-less members of my family is vary the dippers!  I even made this last year at the beach when I was cooking for 10--went over well with everyone there too.  I always use fondue forks, which I think is the real reason my kids love this so much.  I dish a little into a small bowl for each of them to prevent double-dipping.  It works great thinned with a little extra spaghetti sauce for a thick, cheesy pasta sauce as well.



Pizza Fondue

 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
16 oz pkg shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBSP dried oregano
2 TBSP dried parsley
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 tsp dried, minced onion
Dippers: cubed Italian bread, diced pepperoni, diced green and/or red peppers, roasted mushrooms, steamed broccoli or cauliflower (anything you can think that you could put on a pizza!)

Combine all ingredients (except dippers) in a slower cooker and mix well.  Cook on low heat for 2 hours, until warmed through and cheese is melted.  Stir and serve with dippers!

No comments:

Post a Comment