Monday, June 27, 2011

And Then There's THAT...

So a few posts ago I was carrying on about my milk dilemma. After writing that blog, I started to rethink my store-brand organic milk purchase and decided to go with the local milk. This milk comes in a bottle, which is a $1.50 deposit when you buy the milk. I, of course, left the bottle on the counter when I went to the store today. I exclaimed this as I was turning off the car in the parking lot and my back seat passenger asked me why we have to bring the bottle back. As I explained to him how it was better for the planted to recycle (something he knows) and how this was BETTER than recycling since we re actually reusing the bottles so there's less pollution and energy use from manufacturing (eyes glaze over...) so we went inside. I'm feeling pretty good about my milk selection choice as I put two bottles in the cart. I load up the car and drive home. When we get in the garage I push the buttons for the automatic doors (LOVE this feature!) and I hear CRASH...one of the bottle had fallen over and was leaning against the door when it opened. I now have shattered glass and milk in my 80 degree garage. All of a sudden those store-brand organic milks in the cardboard cartons don't look so bad...and now I'm out $1.50 plus the milk.

So my milk incident is on the heels of my favorite summer activity...deskunking a dog. EVERY !@#%$@ SUMMER!! STAY OUT OF MY YARD SKUNKS! That's why I have a 6 ft privacy fence!!! Now my dog is going to stink for a month! I put this in my blog not so much because I want to complain (although, clearly I do LOVE to do that!) but because this is a great example of a time when I truly believe that the make-your-own version is not better! If you are a dog owner, please do yourself a favor and buy some Nature's Miracle Skunk Odor Remover. This is the third summer of skunking at our house. My oldest dog is 10. We made it 7 years without an incident and when we were finally skunked I didn't really know what to do. So I did the home remedy, 2 tsp dish soap, 1/4 c baking soda (I KNOW my clean all product failed me this time!!!) and 1 qt hydrogen peroxide. I used this for first two skunkings. It doesn't work. This time I had Nature's Miracle on hand and he's SIGNIFICANTLY less stinky! This is my PSA for the day. Because you never know when skunks may strike!! (Also, sorry to all those who will have to be in contact with me for the next few days. I'll have a slight skunky aroma-it permeates my house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment