Monday, June 20, 2011

Green Revolution

Yesterday we went to the William McKinley Monument and Museum. It's one of my kids' favorite places to go and since we're members we go quite a bit and I don't feel bad about the whole trip lasting half an hour or less! Friday was the opening of a new exhibit in the Keller Gallery- Green Revolution. I was really excited to check it out and I was pretty impressed! There were quite a few donations made to create the exhibit. It's a Smithosonian Traveling Exhibit and fitting with it's green theme, the whole exhibit was transmitted online! They had donations from Lehman's like a composting toilet, convection wood burning grill (super cool!) deck chairs from recycled milk jugs, blue jean insulation for houses...it was really interesting! Being that most of it was on loan, and nothing was shipped, there was quite a bit of information that needed to be read. I was really surprised to read that from 1940-1945 Victory Gardens provided 40% of American's veggies! That's AWESOME! My family would starve if we had to live on what my garden produces--3 strawberries for 5 people really isn't sustainable! If you're in the Canton area, I suggest checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment