Monday, June 13, 2011

They Like Me! They Really, Really Like Me!

My mother got me a subscription to Kiwi magazine for Christmas. Being that it's June, I had pretty much given up on ever getting an issue, but the other day one appeared in the mail. I LOVE IT! It's a little less extreme than my former love, Mothering, and it has a way more articles about pets than I would expect (this issue actually had an article in it about throwing a Pet Party!) but I really enjoyed it! I found something in it that ask peaked my interest...it's a program(?) that they sponsor (?) called Green Moms Meet. It's a group of local mom's that get together to discuss natural parenting, healthy living, and other green topics. How perfect is THAT for me?!?!? So I grabbed the iPad and tried to find a group in the Canton area. Turns out...that's not quite how it works. There wasn't any kind of database for finding local groups, it was more just kind of a suggestion for something you can start in your area. At first I was disappointed...they I thought, "I can do that!!" So I am. I applied to be a Mom Ambassador and as a today...I was approved! Woo Hoo! The Kiwi website has lots of "training" on being an Ambassador, but basically, the perk is that I can sign up for samples that I can then share with my mom group in return for providing feedback to the company. Which ALSO sounds fun! So now the only thing I need to do is start the group! SO CALLING ALL MOM'S THAT ARE INTERESTED IN GREEN LIVING IN THE CANTON AREA!!!!! The way they want me to run the group (and I'll do this for the first few meetings and see if it works well for our group) is to pick an article or topic from their website to have as a discussion topic for the meeting (I'm planning on meeting once a month). Everyone is supposed to read the article and discuss it at the meeting. If we have samples to try, we'll do that at the meeting as well. This of course is the "official" agenda of the meeting. The most important thing will be to meet with other moms (and kids too!) who are also questing to raise a greener family!

No comments:

Post a Comment