Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's Green!

My mom found a wonder-product! It's a Gleen cleaning cloth. It cleans everything with only water and leaves a streak-free shine! And it's green! Or is it? I'm very skeptical of products that are jumping on the "green" bandwagon. I agree, this is a great product and I feel good about using it since it's a reusable cloth and it's advertised as chemical free. It saves me vinegar on my windows so it's also a little cheaper than my old method of vinegar, squeegee and rag. But is it REALLY green? I'll admit that I got a little burned with Chorox's GreenWorks products. I really thought they were green, and I guess they're better than the traditional, but they still contain quite a few toxic ingredients that I don't want in my house. So now I'm sure to REALLY look into products that claim to be green before I buy them. So I checked out the website (I liked it the second sentence.) It looks to be a pretty green product, but I can't help noticing that it's a white cloth, which leads me to believe it's been treated with bleach during the manufacturing process, which I generally try to avoid. It also does not state what the cloth is made from it's just a new microfiber material...whatever that is! I like it though. I'm using it, I'm obviously recommending it, but it just bothers me that it's marketed as a "green" product, when it all actuality, I'm sure there are a LOT of was that it could be more green. Not containing cleaning chemicals doesn't automatically make it "green" in my mind!

Oh! And I almost forgot the fun fact! In the U.S., we eat more than 1,000,000 animals an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment