Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Cookbook

I found a vegan family cookbook advertised in one of my vegetarian magazines. I thought I'd check it out, but the library didn't have it so I just started browsing and reserving vegetarian cookbook...16 books later (and a crying daughter because the 3 books I asked her to carry out to the car were "Too HEAVY! They're FALLING!!! I'm DROPPING them!!!!") I may have actually found ONE that will have a few good things for my family. It's called Better than Peanut Butter &
Jelly by Marty Mattare and Wendy Muldawer. As you would expect, it's focused on kids food. There's even a section for toddlers! It has "normal" vegetarian food and if you're thinking about trying to go vegetarian or even just cutting back on the amount of meat you eat, I recommend checking it out (but not from the North Canton Public Library since I have that copy!) It has a good intro that talks about healthy eating and basic nutrition for kids. It also has a basic list of pantry and fridge items that you'll need (may cookbooks have this, but I never really seem to find them helpful...I guess others do though!) I found a few things I'm going to try this week...hopefully they taste as good as they sound on paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment