Friday, May 10, 2013

Recipe Friday: Roasted Broccoli with Lemon

This is barely even a recipe, but we had it for dinner last night and it was really a hit.  Vince asked for thirds and was asking for broccoli for lunch today too!  It was fast and easy.  I served the lemon on the side so the kids could squeeze it themselves.  They really liked that then put the lemons in their water.  We're fancy like that.

I got this recipe from a cookbook that I got at the NCPL.  Now that we're going every week, I've decided to grab a cookbook while I'm there.  This one is called The Whole Family Cookbook by Michelle Stern.  I thought it would be whole food-based, but it's really more whole family based.  Each recipe has the steps broken down into how kids can help in the kitchen.  Pretty neat!  Stern also focus on locally grown food and eating seasonally.  I tried a few recipes from this book and I've been very happy with them all.  Check it out!  (After I return it, of course!)



Roasted Broccoli with Lemon


2-3 stalks of broccoli
1 TBSP olive oli
1/4 salt
freshly ground pepper
lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 450.  Chop broccoli into stalks.  Peel the stem and dice.  Try to make all the chunks the same size so the broccoli roasts evenly.  Put broccoli on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.  Toss broccoli to coat.  Sprinkle salt and pepper and toss again.  Roast for about 10-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender and caramelized on the bottom.  Serve immediately with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment